information from the federal finance agency realeased january 8th 2010
• As of Nov. 30, 2009, the Enterprises had implemented 405,700 HAMP active trial and
permanent loan modifications.
• Foreclosure starts on Enterprise loans declined in the third quarter by 15 percent.
• Loan modifications entered into on Enterprise loans, excluding HAMP trial loan
modifications, increased 14 percent from the second quarter, from 32,300 to 36,700.
• Nearly half of loan modifications completed in the third quarter, excluding HAMP trial
modifications, resulted in borrowers' payments decreasing by over 20 percent.
• Loans modified in recent quarters performed slightly better six months after
modification than did earlier modifications.
• Short sales and deeds in lieu increased by 39 percent during the third quarter from
12,300 to 17,400.
• Loans 60-plus-days delinquent increased by 260,300 loans or nearly 20 percent during
the third quarter to 1.6 million.