Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
SELLING - If you own real estate (have a home or property) that you're thinking of selling, I would be happy to provide you with a FREE Home Evaluation.
BUYING - In today's competitive real estate market, timing is everything. Many good homes are sold before they are ever advertised. Beat other home buyers to the hottest new homes for sale in Summerland with & Penticton my NEW Listings Notification.
REALTOR - Whether you are buying or selling a home, hire someone like Raymond MAASKE, who wants to earn your business. I invite you to contact me as I'd be happy to assist you with this important transaction.
INFORMATION: In addition, if you have any general questions about buying or selling real estate in British Columbia, please contact me as I'm more than willing to serve you. If you want to know what is happening right now in Summerland & Penticton see my Market Update. Sincerely, Raymond MAASKE - firstname.lastname@example.org Owner/Broker - Summerland & Penticton
This will be the first of many public blogs to come. The story will be 1,000 ways to pick the right Realtor. This is pretty simple. Number 1,000 comes with an added bonus, but you'll have to stick around to find out what it is. Here we go.
1. If a Realtor starts out by showing you a picture of themself in any magazine, walk away. Most Realtors will pay top dollar "to have their names in the lights." They love to impress themselves and most importantly, other Realtors. They assume this type of advertising provides them instant credibility with you, the consumer. Ego advertising is for the ego, nothing more.
2. Don't assume an "OLDER" Realtor is one that is wise about selling homes. Most agents I know get into real estate after finishing a career in something entirely different. It's a popular "second" career and even hobby for many folks. Again, just because she's 60 doesn't mean she's more experienced than me.
3. Many new agents and even experienced agents feel it necessary to buy a car they can't afford. Don't assume A LOT when you work with a Realtor. Instead, ask dozens and dozens of questions. If a Realtor drives a 65k BMW, but wears stretchy polyester pants from Sears than you have to wonder if the agent is just pretending to be successful.
4. Do try to annoy your Realtor with questions when your first meet them. You'll figure out there temperament level quickly. Many agents boast about their ability to "provide excellent customer service." For fun, repeat yourself a few times to see if they start getting pissy. I love when prospects DRILL me. I love it because I know other agents won't be as patient.
5. If your Realtor starts the conversation out with.. "I'll reimburse you part of the commission or I'll list your home for almost nothing" then you need to hide from them. Odds are they sleep in that expensive BMW at night. They probably are starving financially and are reduced to trying to BUY their buyers and sellers. You do get what you pay for in this business.
6. If a Realtor agrees with all that you say, find a new one. Your shadow is more competent than a yes man.
7. Don't assume a Broker has more negotiating skills than a Salesperson. A salesperson is a regular Realtor without a Brokers license. Brokers usually market the office, recruit new agents and are very busy doing "other things" besides selling real estate. This isn't to suggest that all Brokers are out of touch when it comes to working with buyers and sellers on a day to day basis.
8. Don't pick the Realtor your boss suggests, especially if it's his spouse. If "that" Realtor sucks, you're going to really be in a jam. Instead, say thank you, but no thank you. Your boss will respect your candor, not look down on you for choosing elsewhere. If you're working with a relocation department then it may be a different story.
9. Many agents have a website. Ask for it. The website can say an awful lot about that individual.
See you next week.
Raymond MAASKE,BBA, CCC, ACRE, ATM-B Summerland & Penticton, Okanagan, BC
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.