The Greenbrier Valley Theatre (GVT) announces the winners for the 2nd Annual New Voices Original Short Play Competition and Upcoming Festival.......
Have you ever written a short play script and had the play produced? The below five winners (two from Lewisburg) receive a fully realized production of their script at the New Voices Festival.
The winners are:
- Embers by Jeffrey C. Kanode (Lewisburg, WV)
- The Unopened Valentine by Dwayne Yancey (Fincastle, VA),
- Tigers and Bears by Eric Fritzius (Princeton, WV)
- Roses by John J. Carosella (Jeanette, PA), and
- A Greek Fire Drill by Christian Giggenbach (Lewisburg, WV).
The five winning entries were chosen to be performed during GVT’s New Voices Original Short Play Festival opening January 21 through January 30. Playwrights submitted short original plays 10 -13 minutes in length consisting of two to five characters. A panel of professional theatre artists judged the pieces. GVT received over 50 entries from all over the Greenbrier Valley, the two Virginias, and ten other states.
This year’s New Voices cast includes:
- Pamela Barry, Ellen Broudy, Adam Criddle, Larry Davis, Paul Detch, Meredith Donnelly, Mary Leb Foster, Eric Graves, Kelly Kemp, Brian Miluk, George Pirasecki, Brennan Smith, and Derek Teaney.
- Kurtis Donnelly, Michael Sharp and John Holt.
- Thursday, January 21 at 8 pm
- Friday, January 22 at 8 pm
- Saturday, January 23 at 8 pm
- Thursday, January 28 at 7:30 pm
- Friday, January 29 at 8pm, and
- Saturday, January 30 at 8pm.
NOTE: There will be no "Pay What You Can" performance
Admission is $12/adults and $7/students.
Visit www.gvtheatre.org for more information. Come out and support your local playwrights and actors!
Your Real Estate Connection for Lewisburg, WV and the Greenbrier County
All pictures and content are my own unless otherwise noted. Please No Copying without my permission. Follow me on Google+