Yesterday, we celebrated Martin Luther King Day and I thought it would be a perfect day to spend with my 2 teens at home. Maybe we'd watch a movie or two and enjoy each other's company...That was at 8:00 a.m. before the power went out!
I lit several candles, called the power company, who responded by telling me they'd have it taken care of in a few hours. No problem, we'd just hang out and wait it out. Well, needless to say, a couple of hours turned into a marathon 12 hours.
- It made me realize how ill-prepared we were for this type of emergency!
- Most of our candles were burnt at least halfway down or better
- Where DID we put those flashlights?
- AND batteries?
- No generator = NO POWER!
- NO Emergency Kit for times like this
- Where DID we pack away those extra blankets?
Personally, I like to face challenges as they present themselves but never thought we'd be facing a power failure on that level. Silly me.
Are you prepared?! It's something to seriously think about.
We are now shopping for a generator and putting together an Emergency Outage Kit so next time we will most certainly be prepared!