Sally's post is right on target, take a moment to read her insight.
You are one of a few agents that are being interviewed to sell that wonderful home and you're thinking that it's just not worth it. You let out a ‘harumph' after getting off the phone (and hearing that you're one of several to be interviewed) and rather than ‘go through the trouble' you retort that, "They don't know what they're missing".
You expect everyone to pick you and trust in you to sell their home...without even interviewing you.
Remember the movie Against All Odds? In the end he lost out on the woman he loved. He didn't stay focused on the job he was supposed to do and he let his emotions take over and ended up being the loser in the end.
Stay focused and get those emotions in check. We all want to be the caring but detailed professionals in our area of expertise but we can't expect it to come on a silver platter. We have to WORK for it!
While I'm still talking to the seller I already have in mind what I'm going to do:
- Make that appointment!
- Get my listing packet together
- Nice Cover Letter briefly explaining that I will listen to their needs and what I will do for them
- Comparable properties with a detailed CMA Wizard
- Documentation for all building permits
- Documentation for city and county tax records
- Sketches and detailed info from www.gis.hicentral.com
- Print out of aerial view of their property
- Any pertinent information from the Bureau of Conveyances
- My Strategy for Marketing Their Property (MANY online sites, offline, open houses, flyers, cd's of virtual tours, virtual tours and booklets with info for the home)
- Sentrilock for secure showings
- Additional information on Tips and Tricks to Get the Property in Showing Condition
- Other flyers explaining Conveyance Tax, Harpta/Firpta Taxes
- Listing Agreement and Property Profile Information
- Seller's Real Property Disclosure Statement
- Seller's Estimated Net Sheet
Being self confident is another attribute that I have that takes me to the finish line. I study, research and know what I'm talking about and I have a great plan to present to the seller during that interview.
Have a great plan and presentation to beat all odds...
Lest you be in that category ‘against all odds'.