SEO is so very important today.
But the markets changing too.
This is like keeping up with a tornado! WE just have to follow it and do what we must. It can change path without warning. BUT we must follow.
1. Whenever you blog on ActiveRain or anywhere, always use the anchor text you want. Example: Dallas Real Estate
2. Use more than just activerain.com to blog. Search Engines look at how many different websites link to yours, yes 200 blogs is better than 1, but its still just 1 website if you do it all on activerain.
3. Make sure you do your due diligence on keyword research. You do not want to put in 100 keywords on your website, you want to concentrate on 2-5 good ones. Other keywords will follow suit.
4. Check your competition. If your not sure what keywords to target, then a quick rule of thumb is type in something basic like "Dallas real estate" or "Dallas homes for sale" and look at the page source of the top 3 websites or so on google. Then see what keywords they target. Most likely they are all good keywords to target.
5. Know your capabilities. If you are a rookie, and do not want to hire or have the money to hire a professional, dont go after massive keywords.... you wont see any return. So instead of going after "Dallas Real Estate" go after smaller areas within Dallas. The smaller the keyword the easier it will be to rank. Nothing matters but being in the top 10 on google for a keyword, essentially the top 5 only matter really.
Bonus tip : If you can afford it.... HIRE A PROFESSIONAL, its way easier and less time consuming.
Your Dallas Realtor