As I was at an open house in St. Louis Park yesterdayI found myself talking about the wonderful community of St. Louis Park and why 95% of residents feel welcomed in the community, rate quality of life as good or excellent and would recommend it to others.
After selling two homes in "The Park" in the last couple weeks I thought about a list of 10 Reasons to Choose St. Louis Park compiled a few years ago by the city itself and decided to share it. Not on the list is the fact that it is where the film-making Coen brothers and politician Al Franken grew up. St. Louis Park is a pretty amazing city bordering the west side of Minneapolis.
1. Small town feel, big city amenities
Location. Location. Location. Nestled between Minneapolis and the Western suburbs, its location is a perfect blend of urban and suburban...with easy access to both. Spend less time commuting and more personal time with friends and family.
2. Safe, welcoming neighbors
With 35 active neighborhood associations, 98% of residents have an overall feeling of safety.
3. Great place to raise a family
Home of the pioneering Children First initiative, three times designated as one of the 100 Best Communities for Young People, mixed ages with 51% of residents in the 25-40 age bracket.
4. Quality choices in education
All public schools have earned the National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence Award, plus Spanish immersion options and nearly a dozen private and parochial school options.
5. Lifelong learning
Opportunities for all ages, including strong early childhood education and nationally recognized senior program
6. Leader in environmental policies and practices
City plants more than 2,000 trees per year and home of the Westwood Hills Nature Center, a 150-acre natural area featuring marsh, woods nad restored prairie
7. Technological leaders
First community in the nation to offer citywide solar-powered, wireless internet service...unfortunately, it didn't work but the attempt was made!
8. Thriving business community
9. Thriving arts community
City-supported Friends of the Arts organization nurtures creativity
10. Healthy city
More than 50 parks and 24 miles of recreational trails, which extend both into the city and out to the western suburbs; Methodist Hospital has been named a top U.S. hospital
Every year I work with buyers specifically looking to buy in this first-ring suburb largely developed after World War II. Its easy access to the city and big selection of modest size homes make it a preferred location for many first-time homebuyers. Come discover for yourself why people love living in St. Louis Park!
- Sunday's Site - Thanh Do, St. Louis Park
- Sunday's Site - The West End, St. Louis Park
- Sunday's Site - St. Louis Park's Excelsior & Grand, Wolfe Park
- Sunday's Site - Highway 100: Lilac Way
- City grants for home buyers...it can pay to live and work in the 'Park'
- Sunday's Site - yum! Kitchen and Bakery, St. Louis Park
- Walkability...what is your location's walk score?
- Sunday's Site - Sweet Corn and More, St. Louis Park
- Sunday's Site - Bikeways & St. Louis Park