Are you a Google analytics user? If not you should be. How can you gage the success of your website and blogs if you do not understand their effectiveness or better yet what is your intent and what do you want as your end result? Readers...subscribers...$$$$$....Do people get lost in your words?
What I mean by this is the time spent on your site and where the heck are they going after they are filled with your words...do people take action? Meaning...maybe view MLS listings | request a cma or contact you via email or phone? Do they buy a house or request additional services? What is the final outcome, did you achieve your goal? If not...
Add interesting and relevant content! Make a few changes!
I am amazed at how long people will sit on a site especially if it is packed with useful information...and updated frequently..
I've been experimenting..and its interesting in what I have found.
The time people spend on my ActiveRain blog is much higher than any of my other sites. It's my oldest, most active blog and the numbers recently went down..people have spent as long as 12 minutes on my blog and now average 7 minutes....here is what I found.
- I do not post as frequently and am not consistent keeping my content fresh and up to date.
- Posting members only can reduce the time spent by readers especially if you have more consumer readers than active rain readers.
- Getting lazy and not adding a call to action or at least a post signature can affect your bottom line.
- Not adding links to past posts can really get them off your site.
- Less interaction equals less opportunity...it's almost as if I shut the door!
- The length of your post matters...shorter is not always best..if you can't make your point in just a few words.
- My Google page rank dropped by 1 :( now it is a page rank 3
- Fewer contacts = less opportunity =lost income
There is always a duel between my Active rain blog and my real estate website...and when it comes to search engines...my site usually wins at the end...because of Google analytics...I know..that often times...the traffic to my website is directly from ActiveRain. Not a bad lead in....
There are those that will aways criticize this site...there will be those that never will understand the true value of the network...and there are those well who are gutless and never tried it because of personal feelings or what they have heard...if only they knew....
I wonder should we tell them?
If you found this useful please subscribe! Midori Miller authors DaytonaRealEstateTrainer.com | The Business Center | Celebrity Truths and her Active-rain blog DaytonaRealEstateTraining.com. Feel free to contact her via email or phone.