After writing the blog about my successes and failures, I came to the wonderful realization that I had finally carved out a niche for myself here in New Hampshire. I enjoyed 26 years of cardiology nursing before switching over to home staging, so I knew a little about specializing. I got a broad nursing education, but then narrowed my work experience down until I reached a point where I was pretty darn good at something!
Remember those mazes that you did as a kid when you were on a long car trip? You took your pencil and moved it along the paper until you came to a "road block", then you'd have to backtrack and find the path without blocks, and finally you'd get to the End. Ha! Satisfying.
Here is my work maze: I've gone thru vacant staging, occupied staging, model staging, $2.2 million dollar to $300K home staging, staging consultations and staged photography. I started out rather broad then narrowed my work experience again until I've reached a point where I'm pretty darn good at --Staged Photography. I LOVE IT!!
There are so many home stagers at Active Rain who create gorgeous spaces from vacant properties. Now we have a Vacant Stager's Group dedicated to these business owners. It requires inventory and/or furniture rentals, monthly billing, trucks, deadlines, elevators, parking out front of buildings hoping you don't get towed...am I being clear? It's a tough home staging niche!
Nan Hayes offers training classes for Certification in Relocation & Transition Specialty, CRTS. This organization helps 55+ residents with relocation and re-organization. National Association of Senior Move Managers, check out this site if this sounds interesting to you. If you'd like to learn more, check out Nan's website or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're a new stager trying to figure it all out-- try different staging projects. See what works for you in your area. Find out what you're good at, and what you're passionate about.
Grab hold, work hard, speak the universal language called kindness...I wish you great success.
Have you found your niche?
Staged First Impressions, Home Staging in NH. Offering Staged Photography to market homes for sale.
- Carey & Giampa Realty, Seacoast New Hampshire
- Portsmouth NH's "Tree House Toys"
- My Successes & Failures Are Teaching Me
- What is Staged Photography?
- Home Sellers, Create Some Excitement and Get Your Home Sold!
- Sitting On the Market Too Long?
- Under Agreement 8 Days After Boosting Curb Appeal
- A Quality NH Realtor Website
- Foreclosures: Why Stage Them?
- Does This Look Good or What?
- Google Has a Sense of Humor
- Selling Your House? It's Not About You Anymore
- Real Estate Commission...Sellers, It's Not Always What You Think
- The Most Important Listing Photograph
- What is a Home Staging Consultation? Pros & Cons?
- Who Pays for Home Staging, the Agent or the Seller?
- What are they Saying in Coos County, New Hampshire?
- What is Considered Household Hazardous Waste?...When is My Town Picking Up HHW?
- You're Moving in NH...What to do With Your Household Hazardous Waste?
- Home Staging....Here's A Successful Marketing Tool
- Earth Day...Welcome to Active Rain...Burbank (Green) Construction of Providence, RI
- Looking for the Smartest Way to Sell Your Home in New Hampshire?
- The Best Spot to Post your Listing Photographs and Virtual Tours
- Myth: Realtors should be Professional Home Stagers & Professional Photographers too
- Maybe you CAN stage your own home... Take this quiz and find out
- Staging Commercial Properties in NH
- Creative Financing to get your Vacant Home Staged
- Home Staging Pictures from Greenland, NH...Before & After Gallery
- Home Staging in New Hampshire: the Benefits for Homeowners & Realtors
- ERA Teams up with Home Staging to market ALL of their GOLD STAR properties
- Home Staging Business owners...Identifying our Challenges in 2007...Realtors welcome
- How to Interview a Home Stager
- Photograph with ZOOM...show it off, sell it faster
- Are You Too Busy for Follow up?... For Success?
- Are you green, or are you hip?
- UNH Goes Green (my alma mater)
- "Best of New Hampshire 2007"
- Snap to It: Who... Me?