Freshen up your home naturally with products that do not harm your family or the environment. Simple, natural products like baking soda, vinegar, lemon juice, soap, water, and a bit of elbow grease will cover most of your cleaning naturally and work wonderfully.
In the Kitchen
- If you have a vase or glass that is too narrow to clean by hand, throw in some rice and white vinegar, cover the top with your hand and shake. ..also try using a bottle brush
- Get rid of stains on your countertops by letting lemon juice soak on them for a few minutes, then scrub the area with baking soda and wipe with a damp cloth
- To clean your glass shower door, apply pure lemon juice onto the glass, spray it with warm water and wipe it with a clean cloth -- For black mould, combine salt, vinegar and liquid dish detergent. Apply it with a toothbrush, let it set for a few hours, and then wipe it with a clean cloth
Laundry Room Basics
- Vinegar is a natural fabric softener so add half a cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle for soft, static-free clothes
- Need a natural stain fighter? Mix 6Tbsp of baking soda with half a cup of warm water and apply to stains before washing
- For an all-purpose cleaning spray, combine baking soda and white vinegar, add a few drops of antibacterial teatree oil, and water. Mix it up in a spray bottle
- Use baking soda to control odours around your home. Sprinkle some in the garbage can before you insert the liner, keep a box in shoe closets and with sports gear, and of course, in the fridge.