Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
(This post was originally written by Karen George, wife of Michael.)
Yep. This is my 100th post. I had intended upon writing a mortgage-related post today, but another ActiveRainer told me that I should acknowledge the 100th post "blogging milestone". (I figured I would put Mark Twain's picture up as he once famously opined about statistics himself.)
I also realized that in the past month, I've been asked to write a MeMe twice and it had completely slipped my mind, until today. A MeMe should be appropriate for my 100th post, right?
From what I understand, I am just supposed to write five things about myself, so here goes:
1. I have been married to my husband for 6 years and almost exactly 2 months. I met Michael when I was getting my undergraduate degree. I was a freshman and eighteen years old at the time. We were both in business school, but Michael had also attended culinary school. He won me over with his pots-and-pans skills. Of course, I never did learn how to cook.
2. I got into the mortgage business by mistake. I had a totally different career path in mind. For those of you that read my blog, you won't be surprised to know that I was anticipating a computer-related career. Work opportunities were few when I needed work most, so I thought I would do something that (I had heard) paid well. Now, I couldn't imagine doing anything else but brokering home loans.
3. I am in the process of starting a non-profit. I have a corporation called SOMAD, Inc. and it stands for "Save Our Mothers and Daughters." It is a breast cancer charity and is incorporated as a non-profit. Setting up the corporation was the easy part, but actually getting our official non-profit go-ahead from the IRS is taking quite a bit longer. I certainly anticipate being up and running by the beginning of fiscal '08. (Fingers crossed!)
4. I was born-and-raised just outside of Detroit, MI -- in a tiny little house in a tiny little suburb called Sterling Heights. I graduated high school in 1993. My name was Karen Blodgett back then. (I thought I would throw that in, just in case one of my old classmates Google's "Karen Blodgett"- they just might find this post!)
5. I'm half-Greek (the good half) and my middle name is Olga. I used to avoid telling people my middle name at all costs. I was really embarrassed about it. When people would ask, I would respond that the "O stands for Omnipotent." Now, Olga's actually become my nickname. My husband and all of my friends tend to refer to me as "Olga." It was my (recently passed) Grandmother's name and she was a wonderful lady. I'm happy to take her name, even if people do crinkle their noses at "Olga."
The SEO Guru offers white-hat SEO services and consultation from his home base in Phoenix, Arizona; but is a virtual consultant, via Skype, worldwide.
About Michael George
Michael George earned two bachelors degrees at Oakland University, in Rochester Hills, MI. One in Political Science and one in Management Information Systems. Michael George consults with professionals on their search engine marketing (SEM) efforts.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.