Hey everyone.... I talked about what re-blogging is all about and how it could either help the author or the person that reblogged the original post. I wrote about it here :
So if you don't know what re-blogging is all about, please click the link above first, then come back to this post. What did I want to talk about in this post?
We hear about paying it forward on so many different topics. We see so many that pay it forward here on Active Rain. I am sure it makes you feel good when you do pay it forward or when someone pays if forward to you.
My question to you is, why don't you pay it forward to someone that you re-blogged, even though they basically gave you permission by clicking the re-blog button. Or pay it forward to that person that re-blogged your post.
Paying it Forward when you re-blog someone’s content
You will see this green icon at the top right hand side of anyones blog that has optioned the re-blog, allowing you to post that authors blog. You just click it and it will open up a new blog.
When you click on that green re-blog button, this is what appears on your screen. A box appears, allowing you to give kudos to the author of that blog that you are re-blogging. You can also give a quick description of that blog that you are re-blogging. I will be honest with you, I love when someone says something good about my blog and why they re-blogged it.
I want to be direct and honest here... I don't really care for those that re-blog something of mine, that I used my own sweat and thoughts (hard work), to see that all they did was copy my blog. Sure, I gave permission to anyone, allowing them to reblog my post. But I find it lazy on their part for not giving a quick description... or... just that they want business and google juice from my name and the topic that I wrote about. I call this greed. Or, one other thought... that the person reblogging that blog hopes thier readers don't notice that it was reblogged, thinking that person wrote it themselves. Yes, I read some comments at times that make me cringe. I read some comments that make it sound like they believed that it was written by that person alone. Many have felt the same in these comments : Comments about re-blogging and giving the author kudos
Lenn Harley gave good insight to this in this comment. Comment by Lenn Harley : Lenn makes an excellent point. Don't forget to add a signature to your post. Or, if you are reading posts, look at the signature page, this will tell you who wrote it.
Paying it Forward when someone re-blogs your content
Do you pay it forward to those that have re-blogged your own blog? Do you go back thanking that person? I try in most cases. Sometimes I miss a few. How do you know if your blog has been re-blogged? There are 2 ways...
1. You will see the re-blog button on your blog page with green dots. It will only show up to 5 green dots. But more than 5 people can re-blog that post that you wrote. If you place your cursor over the green dots, it will tell you how many total times that your post has been re-blogged OR
2. You can go to your 'my home' page and scroll down to the 'points summary' link and click on that. This link is down at the bottom left side of your 'my home' page. When you click on this link, you will see what is listed below. It shows that a blog of yours has been re-blogged. You can click on that link and it will take you to the person that re-blogged your post. This is where you can 'pay it forward' and leave a polite comment and thanking them for re-blogging your post.
3. Also remember, if you have your Google Alerts set up, this usually let you know when someone re-blogs your post. I always seem to get alerts from Google when someone re-blogs my content.
Summary : So how do you show the love? Do you pay it forward when re-blogging someones blog, giving them a polite introduction? Complimenting the author and or what they wrote? Those that have a blog re-blogged, do you go back thanking that person? How do you feel if someone just re-blogged your post, yet said nothing, leaving the commentary part absolutely blank. Just food for thought...
- Re-blogging - Do you pay if forward in your re-blog? Or to those that re-blog your blog? - Part 2 of 2
Other ways to pay it forward in the ‘Rain’, when other members add you as an associate.
FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
- FHA Loans - USDA Loans - VA Loans -
- Energy Efficient Mortgages -
- Conventional Loans - 203 k loans -
- Mortgages -
Experience & Knowledge at its BEST !!!
For more information on FHA loans, please go to this link. The FHA Expert
For more information about the 2009 Tax Credit for First Time Homebuyers : 2009 Tax Credit
For important mortgage insight to watch for, please read : Consumers need to be aware of these Red Flags!
Copyright © 2010 by Jeff Belonger of Infinity Home Mortgage Company, Inc