Phoenix Real Estate in the 50's - 60's
There are a lot of new homes in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area. Face it, Phoenix has not been around as long as many of the east coast cities. I can go six months showing homes at not see a home that was built before 2000. This statement would not be true in many cities from across the United States. So, if you live on the east coast and are reading this blog just bear with me.
Lately I've been showing lots of homes to clients who want to live in Tempe, Arizona. I came up with an idea to write about the "Top 10 signs you're in a house that was built in the 50's - 60's." Here we go:
10. The electrical power reaches your home from a cable dangling over your head.
9. The trash is picked up in an alley from behind your house.
8. The water heater is outside.
7. The power box is 18 inches square.
6. Armstrong linoleum tile matches your pink toilet.
5. All of the interior cabinetry is quarter inch stained plywood.
4. The windows crank open.
3. The gas heater is in the hallway closet.
2. The doorbell is a Nutone chime.
1. The stove does nothing but get hot.