Home shoppers everywhere have certain things they want in a home. And Lakeland real estate shoppers are no exception. With the economy in a downturn, home shoppers everywhere are looking for somewhat smaller, more energy efficient houses. But there are still certain things that they feel are must-haves and they're willing to cut down somewhere else to have them. Take a look:
1. The number one must-have is a large kitchen, preferably with an island. Most people feel that the kitchen is the heart of their home. Of course, it's where meals are prepared, but it's also often the gathering place for the whole family. Even when entertaining friends, everyone often winds up in the kitchen. Fill it with energy-efficient appliances to help save on energy costs.
2. A home office or study is a room that many people now consider a must-have. More people work from home, and in this electronic age, almost everyone has a computer and needs a place to keep and use it out of the general traffic flow. Consequently, such areas as formal dining rooms and home theaters are being shunned for the more popular home office.
3. As baby boomers grow older and become empty nesters, often downsizing and moving from the northern states to more weather-friendly areas such as Lakeland, having the master bedroom and bathroom on the main floor is becoming more popular. And as an offshoot of this move downstairs, utility rooms are also more often being located on the main floor.
4. Simple, fairly inexpensive in the grand scheme of things, and able to help heat and cool rooms efficiently at a minimal cost, ceiling fans have moved into the realm of must-haves in the Lakeland real estate market. Gently circulating cooled air in the warmer months while pushing rising warm air back down to humans' levels in the heating season has made them a great choice for home owners.
5. Last on our list, but certainly not least, two-car garages are a definite must-have. Or for the more affluent, three-car garages where the third bay is often used to store yard equipment, outdoor toys, bikes or tools.
If these items are on the list as must-have for your new Lakeland home, Damion Boyce and the Boyce Team can help you find a house with all these amenities. Contact Damion Boyce today and let him or his team members show you properties you're sure to love in the Lakeland area.