The Vineyard, one of North Central San Antonio's finest communities, is in the North East Independent School District (NEISD).
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) has a rating system for schools. From highest to lowest ratings are:
- Academically Acceptable
- Academically Unacceptable
- Not Rated
The NEISD schools currently serving Vineyard residents are Ronald Reagan High School, Jose M. Lopez Middle School, and Wilderness Oak Elementary School. All schools serving Vineyard students are rated Exemplary. This reflects well on the students, teachers, administrators, and parents of the students for these schools.
Ratings aren't everything. But if you want to provide a great educational base for your children, taking a look at school ratings is a prudent part of the evaluation process. Good schools do have a positive affect on home values.
One note of caution. Because north central San Antonio is a high growth area, schools are sometimes "capped". This means the school cannot accept new students, even if they move into a neighborhood normally assigned to that school. It is my understanding that Lopez Middle School may be capped in the near future. Parents or guardians should contact the schools to determine current boundary and attendance information.
Property values are holding up well in the Vineyard. Good schools, being close to major traffic arteries, convenient shopping centers, and about fifteen minutes from the Airport are all great reasons to consider the Vineyard if you are looking for a great home in San Antonio. Let me know if I can help you buy or sell your Vineyard home.
- Financial Privacy and Home Loan Process
- Speechless Sunday: Waterfall-Club at Sonterra
- Deerfield:North San Antonio Market Report
- Speechless Sunday: Timberwood Park Pond
- Who's Bringing the Adult Beverages for Our Super Bowl Party?
- Sellers Should Use the Option Period Aggressively
- The Vineyard, Sales in January 2010
- Buyers:Don't Waste Your Option Period
- Home Buyers in For a Surprise at Tax Time
- North Central San Antonio, Medical Facility Information