Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
We all know where we are today in terms of equity losses and real estate values being in the tank. Each state has it's own issues and every county is a micro economy with its own economic situation. As the saying goes, its a local business.
Although we will all recover eventually, some are recovering and growing now. Others, due to natural and other resources will recover quicker and some will lag behind for quite some time. We will recover as a nation, and hopefully we will emerge stronger and with a cleaner environment for our children. Below are a couple of really BIG reasons we will recover.
1. POPULATION INCREASE The US Census Bureau predicts that the population increases about 10% every 10 years. So if we have a little over 300.000,000 million now, we will have a little over 330.000.000 in 10 years. Add in immigration and we will have more. Those people will need homes. Isn't life expectancy also increasing? So won't people be living longer, healthier and more active lives? Won't they want to continue to live on their own, probably in Adult communities where they play like children again?
2. CLEAN ENERGY AND TECHNOLOGY MANUFACTURING There is so much happening here it hard to keep up, but as an example, two clean energy manufacturers are spending over 1 billion dollars each now to build manufacturing plants in Tennessee for creating solar products to employ 4000 people each. Hello, job creation that we didn't have before. Maybe one reason that solar has been expensive in the past will now change due to the supply of polycrystalline silicon, a much needed product for solar energy. Congrats to Tennessee! They attracted the German manufacturer with low utilities from the Tennessee Valley Authority, and maybe their Southern Hospitality too. If other states want to attract this type of manufacturing, they need to go back to the drawing board. It's out there and they are going to go somewhere in the US. We have a great natural resource for this energy all across the southern US.
3. HEALTH CARE and I do mean Health Care, not sickness care. Our generation has the potential to become healthier than any other generation before us, and that will create jobs. The need will be fed from our population increase, and from better products.
4. HOME GROWN NUTRITION Many are now buying only locally grown or at least US grown foods, especially with all the knowledge of products from other countries not being regulated. Organic ia even better, but still expensive. Hopefully this will change with larger availability and demand. As a nation, we spend less on our food than other nations, and while it is affordable, we are now seeing that more affordable is not cheaper in the long run. More on this topic at another time. But jobs here.
5. Construction will be needed again. Construction of new homes. Otherwise, the hedge fund investors wouldn't be buying developed lots now at bargain prices. Yes, they are now buying. They are also already making deals with large builders to sell them to for future building, at least the ones that stashed some cash. The new construction will need new building materials and the cycle will begin again. This time it will happen with better materials, and a new type of home product will be created. A more sustainable home, probably a bit smaller, but with great technology. Many of the older homes will be retrofitted with clean energy products, manufacturing in the United States.
In conclusion, we will probably not have the rapid appreciation that we saw due to the insanity of the complex and bad sense mortgage products that were fueling the speculative building market that occured in the first decade of our new century, but we will see housing stabilize and eventually we will see the unemployed go back to work. And this writer thinks we will have a better world along with it. I don't think we should settle for less.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.