There is just no time to write and this just can't be right. Right? As bloggers, we all go through periods when you just don't know what to write. You have all the time in the world to do research and think about your audience, your work, your experiences, but nothing flows from the brain to the screen.
Then there are times when you just want to write about this and that and something else but every day you are running from one task to the next with simply no time to write. Ahh! How life can be a little crazy sometimes!
You may know that I have been working on my MBA at Memorial University. I was at my Internet marketing class last evening and the topic of Blogging was being discussed. The professor made this point and it stood out from the other 399.
If you are going be a blogger, allocate a regular time. Set a time each week to write your blog. Make it an appointment that just must kept!
Ok, I have to be honest. I don't do that. I tend to write when I can. Like now, after midnight.
He suggested 1/2 hour on Monday mornings as an example. I was nodding and affirming all the way until he said 1/2 hour. What! I don't know about some of you but I don't write diddly in 1/2 hour. Each blog post usually takes me at least and hour to sometimes three!
For me, these last two weeks have been one of those crazy periods when I wanted to write but just have been driven by other pressures and have not been able to get to it. So tonight I thought I am going to write!
So here are some of the things that have kept me from doing the right thing.
- I went with the family skiing in Corner Brook, Newfoundland on the weekend. Marble Mountain was fun even though the snow conditions were less than perfect.
- While in Corner Brook, I received an offer on my listing at 91 Skinners Road, Portugal Cove-St. Philips. That deal is done now and looks good for closing at the end of the month.
- While in Corner Brook, I wrote an offer for a couple of buyer clients who saw a beautiful home at an open house the Sunday while I was on the ski hills. Thanks to the on site web forms produced by the Real Estate Board we were able to get the deal put together using fax, cell phones, and Internet right from my hotel room. You got to love technology.
- Since getting back in town on Wednesday past, I have been showing houses, completing paperwork and writing offers for two other clients.
- Those two deals went together this week too.
- I took one morning this week and helped my client do a home inspection on their new home.
- In the mean time, I have been writing two papers for my MBA course, meeting with my group members, having an interviews with the client and generally running from one thing to the next.
- Yea, I got a game of squash in today. I need to keep exercise a part of life. We all do!
Ok you get the idea. Finding time to write a blog in the last two weeks has been nearly impossible. So much for having a dedicated time to write. And just so my blog readers don't take too much offense, my Twitter feed, Linkedin networks and Facebook friends have all heard very little from me too. One day, I mean to make amends!
When I get through the next four weeks, my wife and I plan to head west to Alberta to visit our son and his wife and do a little R & R with some skiing in the mountains of Lake Louise. I can hardly wait!
In the meantime, did I mention, I love being busy?
There! This post is done! And that is all "write" with me!