HAVE YOUR HOME PROFESSIONALLY INSPECTED PRIOR TO PUTTING IT ON THE MARKET
Eventually your buyer is going to conduct an inspection. You may as well save yourself headaches and know what they are going to find by getting there first.
Having an inspection performed ahead of time also helps in seventeen other ways:
1. You can choose Affordable Home Inspections, a certified NACHI inspector rather than be at the mercy of the buyer's choice of inspector.
2. You can schedule the inspections at your convenience.
3. It might alert you of any items of immediate personal concern, such as radon gas or active termite infestation.
4. You can assist the inspector during the inspection normally not done during a buyer's inspection
5. You can have the inspector correct any misstatements in the inspection report before it's generated.
6. The report can help you realistically price the home if problems exist.
7. The report can help you substantiate a higher asking price if problems don't exist or have been corrected.
8. A seller inspection reveals problems ahead of time which:
· might make the home show better.
· gives you time to make repairs and shop for competitive contractors.
· permits you to attach repair estimates or paid invoices to the inspection report.
· removes over-inflated buyer procured estimates from the negotiation table.
9. The report might alert you to any immediate safety issues found, before agents and visitors tour the home.
10. The report provides a third-party, unbiased opinion to offer to potential buyers.
11. A seller inspection permits a clean home inspection report to be used as a marketing tool.
12. A seller inspection is the ultimate gesture in forthrightness on your part.
13. The report might relieve a prospective buyer's unfounded suspicions, before they walk away.
14. A seller inspection lightens negotiations and 11th-hour renegotiations.
15. The report might encourage the buyer to waive the inspection contingency.
16. The deal is less likely to fall apart the way they often do when a buyer's inspection unexpectedly reveals a problem, last minute.
17. The report provides full-disclosure protection from future legal claims.
Include in your promotional packets, copies of the report along with receipts for any repairs made. Affordable Home Inspections specialize in Seller's and Move-in Certified inspections and can be contacted at 905-730-9300 or by visiting www.afordablehomeinspections.ca