The housing market in Delaware County. …
• The number of units listed for sale Decreased 8.2% over the number of units listed in January ’10 and is DOWN 5.6% over the number of homes listed in January‘09.
• The Average list price is UP .06% over January 2010 list price and is UP 8.8% over February 2009 average list price.
• The Average SOLD price is DOWN 0.35% over January 2010. The year over year increase in the SOLD price, this year, February 2010 compared to February 2009: the SOLD Price is UP 6%.
• The Average Days on Market DECREASED to 92 days, an 8% DECREASE over last month’s 100 days on market average.
• February showed 220 homes sold in Delaware County compared to the 241 homes sold in January 2009, a DECREASE of 8.7%.
Not quite the statistical rebound we were looking for but come on. February graced us with some of the WORST WINTER WEATHER IN HISTORY. I am not making excuses for the slow numbers, but, in order for a house to sell it has to be shown. So who wants to be tracking through the snow and freezing cold looking for a house unless you really have to?
Come on March! Time is short, so hit the ground running. You MUST have a contract signed and accepted by APRIL 30, 2010 to get your TAX CREDIT, if you qualify. Bring on the real spring!
Life happens and so real estate, whether high or low, will continue to sell. It’s all just part of how you look at it. - DJ
PA licensed Broker RM421043
Grand Real Estate Services
*statistics derived from TrendMLS provider of multiple listing services to the real estate community of Delaware County and many other surrounding counties. This is a residential home sales report for single family homes valued between $1 and $9,999,000