Current real estate activity in Harvey LA 70058:
152 single family homes are currently for sale
- High list price $539,000
- Low list price $500 (HUD property with pre-existing liens on it)
- Average list price $180,946
- Median list price $148,000
52 homes are under contract or pending sale, priced from $50,301 to $339,000
Based on the number of homes sold in February (13), there is a 11.7 month supply of homes for sale in the area
Harvey LA 70058 | Number of Homes Sold | February 2010
Year to date, there have been 28 single family homes sold in Harvey, compared to 20 at the same time last year (an increase of 40%).
Average days on market for homes sold in February was 38, bringing the year to date average to 64 days. Compare this to the average days on market for active listings of 115 and I expect that we will see this number rise over the coming months as homes that have been on the market longer begin to sell.
Harvey LA 70058 | Average Single Family Home Prices | February 2010
The average Harvey home price took a jump in February, bringing the year to date average to $142,100. Part of the drop in prices when compared to 2009 can be attributed to the fact that 25% of the sales so far this year were of properties in Fair or Poor condition. Homes in excellent condition are continuing to command higher prices.
Some more details about February 2010 home sales in Harvey:
- 6 homes were in Excellent condition, 3 homes in Average condition, 2 homes in Fair condition, 1 home in Very Good condition and 1 home in Poor condition
- 46% of the homes sold were bank owned or foreclosure properties
- 31% of sellers paid for a home warranty for the buyers
- 38% of sellers provided some type of closing cost assistance to the purchasers
All data is provided by GSREIN and is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed
For more information about home buying or selling on the West Bank of New Orleans, or relocating to or from NAS JRB New Orleans, please contact the West Bank Living Team. It would be our pleasure to have the opportunity to assist you with any of your real estate needs and have a little fun while doing it!
Originally published at West Bank Living