Friars Mission condominiums are located in eastern Mission Valley in
San Diego, California.
There are 166 units built from 1975 to 1978, and they range from 1,172 square feet to 1,536 square feet. Floor plans include two bedrooms/two bathrooms, two bedrooms/three bathrooms, and three bedrooms/two bathrooms. To the best of my knowledge, all units have interior laundries.
The central location of Friars Mission provides quick and easy access to Qualcomm Stadium, home of the San Diego Chargers, as well as world-class shopping and dining throughout Mission Valley.
At nearby Fenton Marketplace there's a Costco, Lowes, Ikea, and Islands Restaurant, a new branch of the San Diego Public Library, and a San Diego Trolley station.
If you're a golfer, you'll enjoy the close proximity of your Friars Mission condo to both the Riverwalk Golf Course and the Tecolote Canyon Golf Course.
The many paths along the San Diego River which runs through Mission Valley provides great opportunities for biking, skateboarding, roller blading, walking, or jogging.
From the central location of your Mission Valley condo:
- Head north for a few minutes and see the harbor seals at La Jolla and the cave at La Jolla Cove, and enjoy unparalleled shopping and dining.
- Just a few minutes south and you're in downtown San Diego where you can enjoy a San Diego Padres game at PetCo Park, visit the USS Midway Museum, take a stroll along the Embarcadero, or shop at Seaport Village. Go a few minutes further and enjoy the sights and sounds of Tijuana, Mexico!
- Less than 30 minutes to the east and you're in the mountains of Alpine and a little further will take you to Lake Cuyamaca and Julian (stop in Julian and get a world-famous apple pie).
- A short drive west will take you to Sea World, Fiesta Island, and much of Mission Bay.
Amenities at Friars Mission include swimming pool, spa, picnic areas, fitness center, tennis courts, and a clubhouse.
Homeowners Association dues are about $310 to $375 a month and include common area maintenance, landscaping, exterior building and roof maintenance, sewer, trash pickup, water, and limited insurance.
As of March 23, 2010, in Friars Mission, there were six units for sale. There were also two units in pending status, both with two bedrooms and two bathrooms with 1,256 square feet. List prices were $295,000 and $298,500. One unit sold in January; it had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and 1,256 square feet, and sold at $260,000.
Sales for prior years:
- 2009 - 7 units - $270,000 - $343,000
- 2008 - 1 unit - $349,000
- 2007 - 8 units - $327,000 - $381,500
- 2006 - 11 units - $360,000 to $440,250
- 2005 - 13 units - $380,000 to $454,000
- 2004 - 17 units - $330,000 to $446,000
- 2003 - 20 units - $298,000 to $367,000
- 2002 - 12 units - $230,500 to $299,900
- 2001 - 12 units - $189,000 to $247,900
If you would like to be kept informed of any units in Friars Mission that come on the market, please let me know.
If you'd like to visit any unit in the other 38 condominium complexes in Mission Valley, or a property anywhere in
San Diego County, feel free to contact me.
Friars Mission is #29 on the Mission Valley map below. For information on the other complexes in Mission Valley,
click on the map to go to my web site and then click on the same map there.
Information is deemed accurate and reliable but not guaranteed.
If you're looking for a great San Diego Realtor, well,
let me Google one for you.
I'm available 24/7, so feel free to contact me by phone or email.
Jim Frimmer, Realtor
Century 21 Award Mission Valley
California DRE License #01458572
Mission Valley Condos Information
15 most recent blog posts:
Calling all cats. Calling all cats. - Please put a picture of your cats in this post. We're trying to get as many cat pictures as possible by the end of 2010.
Calling all ActiveRain authors and co-authors - If you've authored or co-authored a book of any kind, put its title and web site link (if any) in this post.
- Out & About San Diego with Jim Frimmer, your Mission Valley Realtor: Need an aquarium? Head to Fountain's Aquarium!
- Open House updated for Sunday, March 21
- Sometimes we Realtors have to be babysitters too!
- It's easy to get more than one FREE credit report each year1
- You can learn things from your Open House visitors!
- Out & About San Diego with Jim Frimmer, your Mission Valley Realtor: The Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa in Pacific Beach
- An ActiveRain success story: Even Google page 3 is great depending on your competition!
- Mission Valley condos, San Diego, California: Friars Pointe
- Out & About San Diego with Jim Frimmer, your Mission Valley Realtor: The San Diego Trolley
- Mission Valley condos, San Diego, California: Mission Ridge
- Pictures of the rare Tower tree
- One of my favorite San Diego skyscrapers
- How to store and organize your cats
My favorite ActiveRain Groups:
ActiveRain Convention Station
ActiveRain Guerrilla Marketing Station
ActiveRain History Station
ActiveRain Library Station
ActiveRain Nature Station
ActiveRain Symphony Station
ActiveRain Travel Station