- Lots range from 1/2 acre to 5 acres
- Homes can have as little as 1,500 finished square feet up to 7,600 square feet
- Woodmont is a very heavily wooded subdivision
- Express bus service to the Pentagon and Washington, DC is available in The Festival Shopping Center and at the entrance to Lake Ridge in the VDOT Commuter Lot
- Carpools usually meet at the VDOT Commuter Lot at the entrance to Lake Ridge - see Omnimatch for more specific details
- Slugging (some erroneously call it hitching a ride which it is) is a result of the need to use HOV lanes on the I-95 as much as possible. Commuters form a line at a designated Slug Line Stop closest to Woodmont - the VDOT Commuter at the Lake Ridge entrance. For example, a driver will pull up headed for the Pentagon, but needs one more passenger to qualify for HOV-3. The first person in line going to the Pentagon will join the others in the car and away they go. It's free commuting for the slugger and gives the driver availability to HOV lanes on I-95 - win win!!
- Train The Virginia Railway Express Woodbridge Station with rail service to Springfield, Crystal City and Union Station in Washington, DC is approximately a 20 minute drive from Eoodmont, Woodbridge VA in the morning rush hour. At Springfield you can switch to Metrorail that gives you access to the entire National Capital Area subway system.
- MCB Quantico is less than 30 minutes by car from Woodmont, Woodbridge VA
- Fort Belvoir is approximately 30 minutes by car
SCHOOLS and LIBRARIES
- For detailed school information see Prince William County Public Schools
- Lake Ridge Neighborhood Library in the Fairfield Office Park
- Chinn Regional Library less than 10 minutes
- Tacketts Mill located at the entrance to Lake Ridge is approximately 10 minutes from Woodmont. In addition to the normal complement of retail stores it includes commercial office space. It's here you'll find McDonald's, Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin Robbins
- Lake Ridge Commons at Old Bridge Road and Hedges Run Drive is within 5 minutes of Woodmont. It has the usual complement of neighborhood stores as well as Starbucks
- Festival at Old Bridge is also on Old Bridge Road at Smoketown Road. It has a US Post Office Annex and is within 10 minutes of Woodmont
- Lake Ridge Park and Marina with boat launch to the Occoquan Reservoir, 9-hole golf course, miniature golf and picnic facilities is within 10 minutes of Woodmont.
- Chinn Aquatics and Fitness Center with year round pool, exercise facilities, racquetball courts and meeting room is approximately 10 minutes
- Leesylvania State Park with boat launch to the Potomac, picnic facilities and educational programs is approximately 30 minutes from Woodmont, Woodbridge VA
- Prince William Forest Park with 37 mikes of hiking trails, 21 miles of bicycle accessible roads, cabin and tent camping is approximately 30 minutes
- There is a bicycle and jogging path along the Prince William Parkway
- Occoquan Regional Park with boat launch to the Occoquan River, summer boat storage, ball fields and picnic areas is approximately 15 minutes
- Old Hickory Golf Club is approximately 10 minutes
”Experience Isn’t Expensive – It’s PRICELESS”
Contact Karen and Art by Email or call us at 703-690-6569. Put our record of customer service, real estate experience and state-of-the-art technology to work for you in Alexandria, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Prince William County, Stafford County or the entire Northern Virginia Area.