One of the most-used marketing tools of the trade is a business card. Notably, all Realtors (99.98%) display their photo on their card.
Now, most other professions don't follow this practice. Realtors? Always. The reason of course is to build a brand, build trust, and instill recognition, and a picture is worth 1000 words.
Well then, if a picture is worth 1000 words, then a video must be worth a million!
So video is the most powerful way for Realtors to build brand and personal recognition. Right? Ok, so here's the question:
Why don't more Realtors use video??? I'm not talking about video tours of listings - I'm talking about videos that promote their brand.
Brand-building videos should be prominent on Realtor's websites, but there are very few Realtors that do brand-building videos.
I'll suggest some reasons:
- "Starring" in a video is not your thing
- Talking into a video camera can be unflattering
- Don't know how to script an interesing video
- Don't know how to do videos that "pop" and give a memorable impression
- Lack of technical savvy
And I'll suggest some solutions:
- You don't have to appear in your own video (you can use your business card cameo)
- There are many video solutions for producing great, attention getting, vids without a personal appearance
- Background music tracks make voice-overs far more interesing
- Use avatars to graphically illustrate key talking points
- Ask your video tour resource to produce a creative, eye-catching, brand popping video
There are so many more reasons, but using video to build your brand will give any Realtor far more traction in their marketplace.
So, set yourself out from the crowd and make a video that prospects will remember. You don't have to be a "Lady Gaga" to attract attention, but you don't have to settle for a photo on a business card either.
So, just do it - but remember, it's entertainment that holds attention, so put on your creative hat. Then it's just "lights, cameras, action"!
If I get some feedback, I'll be happy to follow up with a list of resources that are key components of making great videos.
Thanks for reading.