especially in todays market, this question means more.... with money being so tight. The principal of spending money to protect your investment is what I am talking about.
Real Estate involves tens of thousands to hundreds of thousand s of dollars to be handled and addressed.
SELLING OR RENTING REAL ESTATE.........
We know and sellers want...... to maximum and realize the most gain in their position. But I remind them that spending money can help us fascilitate the process.
WHAT CAN WE DO.........?
1. Curb appeal.... is that frist impression one gets when they pull up to your property. Spending money to cut the lawn, plant flowers, paint your garage door, porch and front door will instantly go to work for you.
2. Pictures.....now we are going to take pictures and they are going to be part of your selling process. We start out by photogrpahing the outside and then slowy lead into the house. Before and after the house has been walked thru, the buyers/renters will go back and look at all the pictures. If they are well done, it is like looking at a picture gallery of your next new home.
3. Minor Repairs....torn carpet, holes in wall, broken anything, cracked windows, torn screens,
4. Cosmetic.....trash or dirt has to be removed, driveway to be clean, and non-exisitent. This is not negotiable. Inside the house must be clean and orderly, beds made, everything in its place
5. Backyard.....quickies like a portable BBQ, some chairs, small table, a garden hose and more flowers.
None of this has to be done,
but people who are interested in your home are going to know its nice and that others will think so too and they will want it. But for how much? Their offer will reflect what they are seeing....
BE FRUGAL......YES.........BE FOOLISH.......NO