When I get a house undercontract with either a buyer or a seller I expect to have a whole home inspection done by a certified inspector. Part of the job of the inspector is alert the home owners of needed repairs. In some cases the home inspector recommends that a certified contractor come to the home and evaluate the repairs and provide a binding bid.
Recently I have had a number of roof inspections due to the snow cover and the rain. In talking with a number of the roof inspectors I have come up with a list of the things they are actually looking at when they do a roof inspection. I was impressed to find out how detailed they are when looking at the structure. When you are inspecting a roof it is important to use a certified and licensed contractor. If you need a recommendation call me at 513-518-1140 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 513-518-1140 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.
Posted in Cincinnati Real Estate, Contractors and Renovations
1. Proper shingle overhangs at gutters, and eves.
2. Measure for, and calculate for proper attic ventilation.
3. Inspect attic intake vents for blockage.
4. Interior attic inspection for moisture, or dry rot.
5. Inspect attic insulation for proper R-Value.
6. Inspect all storm collars at pipes for proper seal.
7. Inspect all valleys for cracks, and determination.
8. Inspect roof for missing shingle granules.
9. Check gutters, and downspouts for blockage.
10. Inspect fasten method used from original installation.
11. Inspect flashings at all walls.
12. Check for loose shingles.
13. Inspect seals on shingles to help prevent wind damage.
14. Inspect all pipe flashings for cracks.
15. Inspect all Attic vents for holes or cracks detraction.
16. Inspect all rubber boots at top of pipes for dry rot.
17. Check to see if shingles are curled brittle, or deteriorated.
Tagged: attic insulation, attic vents, Cincinnati Real Estate, dry rot, granules, gutters and downspouts, home inspection, home inspector, intake vents, overhangs, pipe flashings, proper attic ventilation, roof inspection, roof inspector, roof inspectors, rubber boots, shingle, shingles, snow cover, valleys, whole home, wind damage