Got me again.........I got roped into another Real Estate seminar....... some of these you have to attend while others are voluntary. Our local Board of Realtors is very good at offering knowledge classes. I only live 5 minutes away, so guess who goes all the time?
This one turned out to be quite good actually. The theme was Social Networking. Now... since I have been blogging on ActiveRain....I know a little bit about this subject. Not much, but I can dialog if we keep in simple.
I made some notes and I would like to share in random order. Here we go......
- Google is the number one search engine.....You Tube is #2.
- According to NAR, the average home-buyer is 30 years old and the average agent helping is 54.
- We were advised when meeting with a client to ask them how they want to be contacted I.E. TEXT...EMAIL...PHONE...STALKING (kidding).
- 9 out of 10 buyers are searching on-line
- Visit Facebook...under... Business-Real Estate... and look up the title.."REALLY BAD MLS PHOTOS". Bunch of agents have posted some interesting pictures.
- They demonstrated and showed an agent doing a live video walk-thru going room by room and narrating as they went. It was impressive, engaging, and provided for a better connection of product to viewer. It definitely puts ordinary photos in 2nd place.
- Sysco systems reports that 90% of consumer IP traffic will be video
- Only 39% of Real Estate agents have a social networking presence. This is considered small.
- Slide comes up on a large screen with TWITTER, FACEBOOK, LINKEDIN AND........ACTIVERAIN. The point was made that you need to jump on board these sites. In my humble opinion, if I did nothing else, my ActiveRain presence has me in the game. The others may improve on that
- When you do join up...you need a purpose to be different and stand-out. Otherwise, you are just another pretty face. Then, you need to brand yourself.
- There is a site called mailchimp.com that lets you send out bulk emails via campaigns and track them.
The gist of the whole seminar was to get yourself an online presence...the sooner the better and as much as you can.. while focusing in a particular field and area. Then, wait for the phone calls, referrals and opportunities to roll in.
IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY.....
CONSULT MY POST...SOCIAL NETWORKING...YOU WAIVED YOUR RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH PARTS 1 & 2