Here's a description of the various categories blog posts can be put assist others in finding them. There is no requirement to add a post to a category, or sub category. If you don't feel you post fits in one of the categories don't add it, people can still view your post. Many posts may fit in more than one sub category, but choose the one that fits best.
For Real Estate Professionals: Posts who's target audience is others in the real estate industry such as agents, loan officer, title, etc. Do NOT add posts that are indended for buyers and sellers here, as it will just frustrate members who want to read real estate information.
- ActiveRain Community: Posts dealing specifically with some facet of the ActiveRain Real Estate Network. Such as posts about features, improvements to the system, discussions among members, etc. For instance this post was added to the ActiveRain Community sub category.
- Industry News: Posts dealing with a current event in or effecting the real estate industry.
- Tips, Tricks and Advice: Posts that share knowledge about some facet of the industry. How do you improve marketing, what's the correct way to do this or that.
- Real Estate Opinions:
- Off Topic, humor:
- Advertising: Blatent advertising, whether we want it or not people will still post it, so we might as well make sure it's properly categorized as such so people can choose to filter it out.
For Consumers: Posts who's target audience are buyers and sellers. Do NOT add posts here that are intended mainly for others in the real estate industry. These posts will be displayed regionally to buyers and sellers.
- General Information: General non regional information for buyers and sellers. For instance a post on the advantages and disadvantages of different loan types.
- About a region: A post describing a certain state/county/city.
- Regional News and Events: News or events happening in a certain state/county/city.
- Market Reports: A market report about a certain state/county/city
- Advertising a Listing: Blogging about a listing or set of listings, add these here.
If you have any questions/comments please add them here...