The Basics of Budget Home Decorating and Design
Take it from me. You are going to have a gorgeous room on a budget and you are going to decorate and design it yourself!
Think there is no way that's going to happen? All that's standing between you and that gorgeous room is some simple decorating and design basics. When you understand those, you can decorate any room.
We actually know more about design than we realize. Have you walked into a room that just "feels" off? Violation of one of these principles just may be the reason. Learning more about design may enable you to figure out what was wrong and make certain you don’t make the same mistake in your home.
- The Basics of Color
- Understanding Room Design
- Putting Everything Together in Style
- Decorating Basics and Color Basics Quiz
The Basics of Color
Color can make a room a success or - if totally wrong - can make it a disaster. But the best thing is - it's easily changed and inexpensive.
The paint you chose can lighten a room or make it dark and intimate, can be a personal statement or a classic tradition, and can be a neutral palette or a focal point. Just decide which direction you want to go and use the color principles here to design with a color.
- Understanding Color Schemes Using the Color Wheel
- Using Paint and Color in Problem Spaces
- DIY Paint Guide for Budget Decorators
Understanding Room Design
So what are you going to do with that bare room? To figure that out, you need to understand the size of your space, the problems it has, the relationship between one element and another in the space and how the eye perceives those relationships.
Understanding these elements are essential when planning your space layout and the placement of the furniture and accessories. Use the relationship elements here to layout your space.
- Understanding Your Space
- Measuring Your Room
- Deciding on a Layout for Your Room Design
- Basics of Furniture Placement
- Filling an Empty Room on a Budget
- Tips for Decorating Large Rooms
- Is Visual Weight Making Your Room Appear Smaller?
- Decorating with Natural Light
- Dealing with Ceilings
- Guide to Decorating the Perfect Room
- Where to Get Ideas for Designing a Room
- Five Worst Design Ideas for New Decorators
- Design Mistakes Many Diy Decorators Make
Putting Everything Together in Style
Once you understand how color and space relationships work, you are ready to put your room together. Fabrics, furniture, and accessories can now be added. You probably have a style in mind that you prefer, so go for it. One last piece of advice: less is more. Only put into the room half of what you think you want. The design will be cleaner, less cluttered and elegant. It will be that gorgeous room that you finally designed yourself!
- The Basics of French Country Decorating
- Modern Style Decor
- Modern Style Decor Gallery
- Got Kids? Let's Get Shabby!
- Shabby Chic Design Inspiration
- Pueblo Budget Decor Tips
- Tuscan Style Decorating
- Victorian Home Decorating on a Budget
- Zen Decor
- Mixing and Matching Budget Decorating Styles
- Design Mistakes Many DIY Decorators Make
- Staging Your Home Decor for Under $100
- Country Decor for Renters
Decorating Basics and Color Basics Quiz
Let's find out what you have learned about color and budget decorating!