This is great news about ZipRealty. What an exciting time to join a company who has done so much to move past normal expectations into a new way to sell Real Estate...If you want to hear more about the great things happening at ZipRealty. Please feel free to contact me at 954-547-7591
ZipRealty Reaches 100,000 Homes Sold Milestone
The National Brokerage's Total Sales Volume Surpasses $29 Billion
EMERYVILLE, Calif., April XX, 2010 - Leading national full-service, online-based real estate brokerage ZipRealty (NASDAQ: ZIPR; www.ziprealty.com) announced today that the company has completed over 100,000 real estate transactions valued in total at over $29 billion since launching in 1999.
ZipRealty, which now serves 35 markets nationwide and employs over 3,000 agents, is also excited to announce the brokerage has ranked fifth for transactions nationally in 2009 on RISMedia's "22nd Annual Power Broker Report & Survey" (http://livemag.rismedia.com). RISMedia ranks the nation's largest residential real estate brokerage companies by transaction and sales-dollar volume and selected ZipRealty on the basis of the company's performance in 2009, including more than $5 billion in sales volume and 23,000 completed transactions.
"We are extremely honored to have reached two amazing milestones in our company's relatively short history. In the last ten years, we've matured from a dotcom start-up to one of the country's top five brokers," said ZipRealty President and CEO Patrick Lashinsky. "This feat speaks to the strength of both our team of agents and the valued buyers and sellers who have helped us grow and expand in the face of an unprecedented transition in the housing market."
Other benchmarks ZipRealty has crossed in the past year include:
- Launching the brokerage's first iPhone application, now also available for Apple's iPad
- Winning the 2009 Webware100 Award for Commerce
- Working with Bank of America to streamline the buying process by letting ZipRealty.com visitors research the loans that best fit their needs, get pre-approved and even apply for a mortgage online
- Releasing a series of upgrades and tools aimed at improving the online home buying experience:
- Cost of Selling - lets sellers easily track local agent commission rates.
- Buyer Match - clients can field check the number of ZipRealty users actively searching for houses in their home's neighborhood.
- Price My House - Instantly compare side-by-side home value estimates from Zillow, Cyberhomes and eppraisal.
About ZipRealty, Inc.
ZipRealty is a full-service residential real estate brokerage firm. The Company utilizes its user-friendly Web site and employee real estate agents to provide home buyers and sellers with high-quality service and value. ZipRealty's Web site provides users with access to comprehensive local Multiple Listing Services' home listings data, as well as other relevant market and neighborhood information. The Company's proprietary business management system and technology platform help to reduce costs, allowing the Company to pass on significant savings to consumers. Founded in 1999, the company operates in 35 major markets in 22 states and the District of Columbia. For more information on ZipRealty, visit www.ziprealty.com or call 1-800-CALL-ZIP.
From Marketwatch April 15th, 2010 click link below to see story.