The California Appliance rebate program has begun! If you are a California resident you may be eligible for a rebate when you purchase a new appliance for yiour home. The California Energy Commission will administer the SEEARP that will provide rebates to consumers for purchasing qualified home appliances during the rebate period, beginning April 22, 2010.
Three residential appliance categories were selected to be eligible to receive rebates: clothes washers (rebate $100), refrigerators (rebate $200), and room/window air conditioners (rebate $50). According to the California Energy Commission website, you can qualify for these rebates, if your meet these requirements:
1. Only California residents are eligible to participate
2. Appliances must have been purchased at a participating California retailer
3. You must recycle the old appliance
4. Limit one rebate per appliance type
5. Rebates are available from April 22-May23 2010 or until rebates last
To check out the searchable list of qualifying appliances.