Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Once an offer is accepted most sellers breath a sign of relief. After sometimes months of marketing, their wait is over! Or is it?? When my sellers sign that buy/sell agreement I let them hug, cry, scream, etc... then we have "the talk". Let's look at what can go wrong between signing that contract and closing.
1) The Home Inspection--Sooo mr seller, did you know air conditions are supposed to blow COLD air?? That's probably going to need fixing. A listing of mine that went under contract last week needs a new roof due to a recent hail storm. Let this list get too long, and expect the buyers to bail. Even if you offer to fix everything.
2) Loan Preapproval-I LOVE 1-800 numbers! Who doesn't like saving money on long distance calls?? But get nervous if your folks are preapproved with some out of state lender. While not always the case, typically this is trouble.
3) Loss of Income-The economy is still hurting in most parts of the country. Think the bank is going to lend a jobless person 250k?
4) Title Issues--So Aunt Bertha gave you the house two days before dying? I have seen title issues delay closings to a point that buyers simply move on.
5) Appraisals--Kudos for getting top dollar from the buyer. But the bank will send "their guy" out to give an assessment of the true value. Think those buyers with the 100% financing have the cash to pay the difference? Do You? Don't worry, most agents will gladly forgo their commission to make it work. Look over there, A unicorn!!
6) Bonehead Buyer Choices During Escrow--I had my personal home in escrow about four years back. Two weeks before closing the buyer bought an Acura! Guess what happened to her debt ratios???
Under contract is something to celebrate. Go ahead and let out a cheer. But let me get back to work. You see agents earn our money these days guiding homes through the escrow minefield.
The views expressed in this blog are those of the author of the post, Raine Carraway, and of the comment posters respectively, and do not represent the views, policies, or opinions of any company or brokerage firm I am or have been affiliated with, any Association of Realtors, or any other person or entity other than the original author. Blogs may be reposted, with attribution and a link back to the original post, or "re-blogged" via ActiveRain.
Real Estate and other information for the North Carolina Foothills, High Country, and Charlotte Metro Area. Focusing on Lenoir, Granite Falls, & northern Caldwell County, as well as the Hickory metro area and eastern Burke County, NC.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.