About Home Owner's Insurance:
1. Homeowner's insurance protects the home including furniture and in some cases even appliances. Buying a home owner's insurance policy will give you peace of mind should you ever need to replace your home and/or its contents.
2. There are many insurance companies to choose from. Many of these companies are global in scope and have multi-millions of dollars in assets.
3. A premium is the amount paid by the policy holder, usually in installments, for the insurance coverage. The premiums can be lowered when you know what discounts you should be offered, and if you don't mention them to the insurance company, they may not advise you of the discounts available to you.
4. There are many websites that give online home insurance quotes. This is a fast and comfortable way especially for busy career oriented home owners. Just make sure the company you get the quote from offers "comparison shopping" so you get a variety of quotes.
5. Home owners insurance policies vary from country to country or state to state because many homes have different needs and conditions. For example, a house located near a calamity-prone area may be more expensive to get insurance for. The type of house materials can also affect the price for insurance - some houses are concrete and cannot easily get burned compared to centuries-old wooden houses.
6. Getting the services of a professional insurance agent saves time and money on deciding what insurance is best. The insurance business is highly tricky and technical in nature so it is best to ask for help from trained professionals.
7. Many insurance policies also differ depending on the time period of the insurance policy. There are those that insure a house for a year and are automatically renewed annually. Some may offer insurance for longer periods like 10 or twenty years. Longer terms are usually cheaper, but most home owners update their policies to address certain changes in their home, like addition of new areas of the house, or new assets.
For a FREE copy of my new book "The Circle of Safety: How to Protect Yourself and Your Family With Today's Insurance" click Daniel.Guest@HUBinternational just put "book" in the subject line
This entry hasn't been re-blogged: