The housing market in Delaware County. ...
• The number of units listed for sale Increased 2.9% over the number of units listed in March '10 and is UP 26.3% over the number of homes listed in April‘09.
• The Average list price is UP 2.11% over March 2010 list price and is DOWN 6.6% over April 2009 average list price.
• The Average SOLD price is UP 20.6% over March 2010. The year over year increase in the SOLD price, this year, April 2010 compared to April 2009: the SOLD Price is UP 10%.
• The Average Days on Market DECREASED to 83days, a 12% DECREASE over March's 93 days on market average.
• April showed 460 homes sold in Delaware County compared to the 358 homes sold in April 2009, an INCREASE of 22.2%.
This is just what the government wanted to happen, a little stimulation in the housing market. We will see once the July stats hit the wire. All the tax credit properties should be done by the end of June and the summer slump coupled with the tax credit disappearing should give us a true mark as to where we are.
Life happens and so real estate, whether high or low, will continue to sell. It's all just part of how you look at it.
*statistics derived from TrendMLS provider of multiple listing services to the real estate community of Delaware County and many other surrounding counties. This is a residential home sales report for single family homes valued between $1 and $9,999,000