THE MISSOURI WOMEN'S COUNCIL OF REALTORS® LAUNCHES NEW WEBSITE WCRMO.ORG
The Missouri Chapter of the Women's Council of REALTORS® launched its new website www.wcrmo.org or www.wcrmo.com. The new website offers expanded coverage of national, state and local WCR chapter events. It also includes expanded resources for chapter leadership teams and members.
A. NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED.
The Leadership Team at the Missouri Chapter of the Women's Council of REALTORS® recently set out to improve the state chapter website. Before the Missouri Chapter made its decision to create a new website the Missouri Chapter sat down to evaluate the needs of local WCR Chapters and members. The Missouri Chapter identified its primary website needs as follows:
* Create a low-cost, high value website.
* Increase the functionality of the website to allow the inclusion of other media including video, audio and more.
* Select a platform that was easy to use and maintain.
* Increase the transparency of the organization by using the website as the platform for the dissemination of information in multiple formats to our local WCR chapters and members.
* Provide additional technology and other tools for download and use by our local WCR chapters and members.
* Generate additional income streams by offering website banner and other advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
B. BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE NEW WEBSITE.
When completed, the website will serve as a tool for the dissemination of information and tools to local WCR chapters and members. Here are some of the elements of the site:
* Home Page - Quick Links to Websites of Interest, WCR Announcements, Photo Gallery and Interactive Local Chapter Map.
* President's Message - Periodic Messages from 2010 WCR President Barbara Keathley.
* Our Mission - A Brief Summary of the the Mission, Vision and Core Values of the Women's Council of REALTORS®.
* Events & Meetings - Periodic Announcements regarding Upcoming Meetings and Events, Syncable Google Calendar for Sharing with Local WCR Chapter, Download Center for Event/Meeting Flyers, Registration Forms and Announcements regarding Upcoming Sponsorship Opportunities.
* Membership Center - WCR Membership Application and Renewal Links, Are Your Ready? Video, Summary of Membership Benefits, and Membership Statistics.
* WCR Testimonials - National Video, Local Testimonials and Link to Form for Submission of Video and Written Testimonials.
* State Leadership - Contact Information for WCR Missouri Board Members.
* State Committees - Contact Information for WCR Missouri Committee Chairs.
* Local Chapters - Interactive Chapter Locator Map, Chapter Contact Information, Chapter
* Updates/Announcements - Chapter Event Announcements & Photo Gallery (coming soon).
* WCR Awards - Acknowledgment of State, Chapter and Member Award Winners.
In addition to these pages, the Missouri Chapter added two additional pages of interest to WCR members:
* Technology - Monthly Technology Tips and Links to Sites of Interest.
* Chapter Assistance - This page includes information on non-profit management tools and resources for use by local chapter leaders.
* WCR Cares - This page includes information on healthy living tools and resources for use by local WCR members.
Special thanks to WCR Missouri President Barbara for negotiating a deal with Point2Agent to serve not only as the platform for the new website at no cost to WCR members and to the Technology Task Force of the Metropolitan St. Louis Chapter for their assistance in bringing this project to completion.