American Hometown Realty Serving West Georgia. Visit our web site: www.americanhometownrealty.us to search for Homes, Farms, Land, Business and Commercial Properties for sale. Buying or Selling real estate in the West Ga / Carrollton area, our real estate professionals are ready to assist you with your real estate needs. Have a safe and enjoyable summer and give us a call if we can assist you with your real estate needs. Below are a few safety tips to remember when using your lawn mower this summer.
According to the National Agriculture Safety Database (NASD), Approximately 75,000 people per year seek emergency room treatment for injuries sustained while using one of the most common pieces of lawn equipment- the lawn mower.
Most of these accidents are caused by human error due to lack of knowledge about the equipment, operation under poor conditions and improper clothing.
To prevent serious injuries while operating your lawn mower, follow the safety tips outlined below:
- Before operating your mower be sure to read the owners manual to become familiar with the controls, safety procedures and maintenance routines.
- Wear protective clothing such as non-slip shoes and long pants. Steel toe shoes can help protect against blade injuries while long pants will protect you from projectile sticks and rocks that may get kicked up by the mower blades.
- Never leave a running mower unattended for any period of time. Always supervise children when they are near a mower.
- Never attempt to unclog or perform maintenance on a mower while it is on. Any time that it becomes necessary to work on the mower, turn the mower off and disconnect the spark plug wire.
- Always allow the mower to cool before refueling
- Never start a mower indoors in a garage or shed. Carbon monoxide build up can cause poisoning.
American Hometown Realty
"We're Waiting To Take Your Call"
This entry hasn't been re-blogged: