Are you searching for advice on selling Birmingham MI real estate? The first step is to think in terms of what buyers want. Now keeping that in mind, here are more specific tips to get those Birmingham MI homes for sale sold quicker and at a better price.
1. Understand the market. Leave sentimental feelings aside. Although you might love your home, realistically examine what other similar houses have sold for in the area.
2. Know your minimum price. You don't need to tell your Realtor your minimum price to begin with, but you should know, in your own mind, what's the least amount you can reasonably take for your Birmingham MI real estate.
3. Fix visible things first. A new mailbox, weeding a flowerbed or power washing the siding are low cost fixes that make a home more appealing. Image isn't everything, but it sure does help sell a home faster.
4. Listen to your prospects. After each showing of your home follow up to find out what the buyers thought. You might be overlooking factors that are preventing the sale of your home.
5. Address known problems. Sometimes you might have an issue, but you can't afford the repair, like a new roof. Get estimates so you know the average cost of the repair. When you know the cost, you can then offer allowances to the buyers to make the repair themselves.
6. Pick improvements that result in a two-to-one return on investment. This might include things like applying a quick coat of paint on the walls and ceiling or seal the driveway for $300 so it adds $600 to your asking price.
There are literally hundreds of things you can do to sell your house faster, and get a better price. However, if you start with these tips it will help tremendously with selling Birmingham MI real estate.