Are You Preparing Your Home to Sell?
SELLING your HOME - LOUISIANA
Guidelines for Home Improvements
When you are considering listing your home for sale, there is much to be considered to make your home as attractive as possible. This is a common question that I receive from home sellers who are considering selling their home.
The answer and consideration is - any improvements that increase the home’s attractiveness and overall size to the general buying public will increase its value. The following is a list which includes some guidelines to consider when preparing your home to sell:
· Select a neutral color paint, and paint on the inside and out.
· Paint trim and baseboard for a fresh look.
· Make sure that carpet and flooring are clean.
· If you are replacing carpet, use a neutral color carpet to appeal to the general buying public.
· Consider light window treatments.
· Add mirrored wardrobe doors on closets to enhance space.
· Organize drawers, cupboards, closets, nd laundry room and maintain the organization.
· Use healthy house plants in strategic locations to create a warm feel.
· Add colorful plants to exterior of home, and spruce up exterior landscaping· Utilize seasonal flowers to keep landscaping up to date.
· Trim trees if needed (check with Arborist to be sure it is the correct time of year to trim trees or bushes)· Keep windows and screens clean inside and out.
· Replace screens if needed – and be sure to keep screens clean as well for optimum view
· Keep all mirrors clean throughout home· Make sure glass shower doors are clean and without hard water spots.
· Add decorator mirrors in strategic locations to enhance openness of home
· Keep fireplace clean if wood burning, and add unburned wood.
· De-clutter every room to ensure home looks more spacious.
· Put away personal photos so prospects don’t get distracted.
· Keep your home neat and orderly at all times.
· Make sure your home smells fresh and clean and does not have any odors.
SELLING your HOME- LOUISIANA