Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Have you ever gone into a home that looks like a "tornado" went through it, with clothes everywhere, food wraps on the floors, and floors that look like they haven't been cleaned in the last 6 months?
Well, these are 12 tips that Vendors (aka: Sellers) need to know before they put their homes on the market or even worse, attempt to have an "Open House"...
1) Start by getting rid of all the clutter! Get it OUT of the house! You can rent a small or large storage room somewhere locally and put all of the things you aren't going to be using in the next 4-6 months. All the rooms in your home need to "SHOUT TO THE POTENTIAL BUYER".
2) Get rid of your personal possessions! Nobody wants to see other families photos or family members at the Open House. The potential buyers want to envision "their personal belongs" at the "Open House". This also includes all jewelry and any other valuable items.
3) Make ALL cosmetic repairs! Make sure all holes in the walls are filled, glass windows are not cracked, sealed and are available to open. The less flaws the better, since the potential buyer will be looking for all surface flaws and if there are many, will probably begin to think that there are just as many "problems" they can't see.
4) Spotless Kitchens & Bathrooms are a MUST! Make sure your kitchens and bathrooms are super clean and well organized. Clean all inside cabinets & drawers, since the Potential Buyer will be opening and closing all drawers & doors.
5) The inside of your home must look new! Paint is the cheapest way to give your home a "lift". If any rooms are in need of paint, go to your nearest hardware store and ask them for "Colors that sell homes". Most hardware stores have a palette that is strickly for "selling homes" or "the most popular colors" in your area. This also helps get rid of smells in your home.
6) Make sure the day before the Open House, your house is immaculate in every way! Vacuum, dust & clean the floors the day before the Open House, so your house is "singing" to the potential buyers.
7) The outside of your home must SHINE! Rent a power hose and cleaning the outside of the home, sheds, walkways, driveways so they look new. This will give your home "Curb Appeal" to entice a potential buyer to walk into your home.
8) Let the Sun Shine in! Open ALL the curtains and turn on every light, so you home looks inviting to your potential buyers.
9) Set your Dining Table or Kitchen Table as if you are getting ready to have a dinner party! Get your best china & silverware or borrow some from a relative or friend. Put your best glassware out with it and help your potential buyers visualize how they would live in your home.
10) Put all your pets "out of the home's site". People don't want to see or hear or smell your pets, so make sure they are GONE!
11) A Bad Smell Will KILL A DEAL! Ask a friend to come over a day before your open house and ask them point blank, "Can you smell anything?" (food, pets, mold, mildew, etc) You, the Vendor, can't smell your own home, so have an "outside" person do it for you, before your scheduled Open House.
12) All vendors (THAT'S YOU) should LEAVE for the Open House! Nobody wants to hear about the "bad" things about their property. It can become very discouraging to hear what your potential buyers have to say about your property. Leave it for us professionals, your Listing Agent, to handle your home from here.
** Hopefully, after all of this is done, your success rate for a buyer to buy your house should increase phenomenally! **
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.