One thing that many real estate professionals have and continue to use for their blogging platform is WordPress. I have personally been using WordPress as a blogging platform for years and I continue to recommend it to everyone that asks me about the subject matter. After all, WordPress has a lot of things going for it. It’s free to use; is constantly updated; has an incredible community backing it; and has a constantly expanding amount of themes, plugins and widgets available.
The only real problem (if you can even consider it a problem) is that it can be a little overwhelming for real estate professional’s to figure out what they should get for their WordPress blog. So, to hopefully help make things a little easier, I thought it would be good to create a little list of plugins that every real estate professional should have on their WordPress blog. So, without further adieu, here they are:
- Akismet: This plugin does an absolutely incredible job for blocking spammers from posting to your blog. To use it, you will need to sign up for a free account on WordPress.com to get an Akismet API key.
- All-In-One SEO Pack: No matter your experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO), this plugin gives you the tools you need to optimize your content so that search engines can index your pages properly and give you good traffic.
- Feedburner Feed Replacement: This plugin allows you to redirect the RSS feeds on your blog to your Feedburner URL. This in turn allows you to use the Feedburner services to track, optimize and even monetize your blog RSS feeds.
- Google Analytics: Plugin to quickly add Google Analytics code to your blog. This in turn allows you to analyze what and where your traffic is coming from.
- Google Sitemap: Plugin to automatically create Google-optimized sitemaps so it can be indexed easier by the top search engine.
- Related Posts: Plugin to provide contextually-related posts to every post a visitor reads. This can in turn increase the amount of time people stay on your blog.
- Translate: Plugin to translate the content on your blog to various different languages. Great for real estate professionals who live in multi-lingual areas.
- Ultimate Tag Warrior: Plugin to tag all of your posts. This makes searching for your content easier as well as helps optimize your pages in search engines and other web services.
- Wordpress Database Backup: Plugin to easily create backups of your blog. That way, if something catastrophic happens to your blog, you can still have all of your content saved.
- Sociable: Plugin to provide all of your posts with easy integration into numerous social media and bookmarking services. This in turn allows your visitors to easily propagate your content.