Ten Ways to Stay Cool on the Crystal Coast!
Along with many other areas of the world, temperatures on the Crystal Coast of North Carolina, have been HOT, HOT, HOT lately. In fact, a heat advisory has been in effect for the past week. It is very important to be careful and try to stay cool.
Sure, you can hold a water hose over your head, but here on the Crystal Coast of North Carolina, there are many fun things you can do to stay cool and still have lots of fun.
Take in a movie at Atlantic Station Cinema. After the movie stop by Michaelangelos Pizza for a bite to eat and then If shopping is in order, Island Trader is right next door!
- Learn about the infamous Blackbeard and see artifacts from "The Queen Anne's Revenge", boat building and other maritime history at the Maritime Museum in Beaufort.
- Stop by the History Place and learn about Carteret County History and have some fun operating the train that runs through the museum.
Head over to Fort Macon State Park. It is nice and cool inside the fort, and the Brand New Visitor Center is open and Air Conditioned!
- Stop in at the Water Boggan in Emerald Isle for some w aterslide fun...A sure fire way to beat the heat this summer!
Professor Hacker's Lost Treasure in Indian Beach is sure to cool you off with a little bumper boat action. Miniature Golf, Go-Karts, arcade and an Ice Cream Shop, there is something for the whole family at Lost Treasure.
- Spend some time at the North Carolina Aquarium in Pine Knoll Shores. Watch the river otters play, visit the hands on stingray, nurser shark and crab exhibits. Watch the shark swimming through the shipwreck exhibit.
Take a tour of OWLS. The Outer Banks Wildlife Shelter is a wonderful place to visit with a short trail, canopied with trees. View the wildlife that is being treated and if you start getting too warm, step inside for a tour of actual shelter and treatment areas. Donations are always welcomed to help in the cost of treatment for our beautiful wildlife!
- MacDaddy's in Cape Carteret will keep you cool and busy all day with Bowling and the largest arcade on the Crystal Coast. There is a large sports bar too for all you sports fans out there. Next door, you can stop at the Golfin' Dolphin for some miniature golf and Driving Range.
Of course, you could always just go to the beach for a little surfing, kayaking or just plain relaxing. The water is around 83° right now...Still cooler than the air. The breeze coming off the water is warm, but nice. And the views are Awesome!
Whatever you decide to do, Remember to drink lots of water, wear your sunscreen and don't stay out in the heat too long! We want you to stay around for a while and enjoy all that the Crystal Coast has to offer!