Recently activity has gained momentum in our office. It's been interesting with the new set of issues popping up on transactions. To me some quite unique but other's, same problems, different customer.
I am not perfect nor am I actively selling but I can assure you some things never change!
If you are struggling to get your transactions closed or you want to sell more real estate, think about these things.
1. Do you know the difference between lease option or lease purchase? Not sure ask!
You will come across this if you haven't already.
Seller's who really want to sell may consider one of these options.
Don't be embarrassed, know what you are talking about!
2. Train during your workday, I am serious really include training in your workday, no more excuses.
Real Estate is changing, the consumer is changing, we can't stop change so roll with it.
Top 8 topics I would fully understand
- Ethics Training Every Year
- Sales Contract Training Class every year
- Pre-Foreclosure, Short Sale and Foreclosure Training
- Understanding the Loan Process
- Effective Communication
- 1031 Exchange
- All Modern Day Technology
- Understanding the different generations
3. Treat your job as a profession and business-It's you Inc. so don't forget it, every thought, every word, every action will and does have an impact on how people see you and that perception will determine how many people you do business with.
Plan...Plan...Plan...If you plan for vacation, why wouldn't you plan for your business?
4 . Review your listing inventory year to date- How many overpriced listings did you have? How many listings expired?
How many of your seller's withdrew? Study it...Ask yourself...WHY? WHY? WHY?
That way preparing for 2008 you'll have a better idea at what changes you need to make to turn expired into sold.
5. If you are not in front of a prospect, get on the phone, phone shy then try postcards, e-mails or call your sphere.
Face it you need people to sell houses, so get yourself out there.
Still not inspired then add 5.
6. Protect your license-Use already prepared clauses in sales contracts when possible, we aren't attorney's. Use proper verbiage when addressing your customers with agency.
In many instances YOUR implications are as strong as written agency. More and more lawsuits are taking place every day for various reasons.
7. Screen your prospects thoroughly-If a seller does not need to sell, don't list it!
If a seller is unreasonable with price, don't list it!
If a buyer doesn't want to put an offer in now because they want to wait, you made the error!
Screen that lead... Do lawyers take every case?
Lawyers expect payment, their objective is to win, they too look for repeat business.
8. Start your day 1 hour earlier and plan that first hour with a to do list.
You will find that you need fewer hours to either work at the same pace or you will start to see you do have free time.
End your day 1/2 hour earlier with a to do list. If you are like me you will always have roll over to do's and find some last minute item you can do before you leave.
9 . Real Estate is so unpredictable-Use Free time wisely and Start Christmas Shopping,
Start addressing Christmas Cards, Clean out your car, don't forget your banking and dry cleaning.
All the personal tasks we sometimes forget to do.
You never know when that cash buyer might call.
All these things just clutter our minds, just do it and add it to your DONE list.
10. Rest-Get a good nights sleep,after you awake spend at least 20 minutes alone in silence.
A great way to hear your own thoughts and create new ideas.
You will find your patience and understanding will improve, tolerance and human error won't feel so brutal.
Try it...you will be amazed.