I know I was way past overdue.
I mean, seriously, how can anyone expect to attract consistent traffic and readership to their blog if they're not consistently posting good, quality content articles on their blog?
Afterall, it's not 'Rocket Science!' (which is really fortunate for me cuz' I totally sucked at science in school!)
(Note: Neither of these dogs are mine. Real men don't 'dress' their pets)
I scrambled mentally for a list of reasonable excuses to justify my belated posting:
- "I've been REALLY busy with my real estate business lately" - Okay, this seems like a legitimate reason. But it's not like I'm completely swamped or overwhelmed. I could make the time if I really considered blogging to be a priority in my business model.
- "I'm trying to spend more time with my family" - Well, this certainly sounds like a noble cause. I'm a huge proponent that family always comes first. But surely I can budget my schedule more effectively so that I can regularly write articles to my blog AND spend quality time with my family.
- "I just don't feel 'inspired' to write anything right now" - Boy, what a lame cop-out this one is! We don't have to crank out Pulitzer material here. Sometimes my 'over-critical' and 'perfectionist' nature can keep me from writing.
- "There's so many 'other' bloggers who write so much better than I do" - Oh really? What a brilliant observation, Einstein! There will ALWAYS be others who are more gifted and talented at writing than you are. But there's only one YOU! There is only one person who has your unique perspective, personality and passion!
- "Maybe I should be investing my valuable time more wisely in other ways" - Oh really? Like doing what, making cold calls? Holding Open Houses? Soliciting FSBO's? There's probably a gazillion agents in your area doing the same thing. The age of Web 2.0 is upon us and effective blogging is one of the most effective mediums to reach today's consumer!
But then, you can always just blame the dog! Another article by Sparky