Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Things To Consider When Facing Mortgage Difficulty
If you are a Riverside County homeowner in a distressed financial situation, you should review the five main options that are available to you to resolve your mortgage difficulty. You should review these options with your tax and legal representatives as there are potentially serious consequences that may apply to your personal situation. A real estate professional can only advise clients on real estate matters, not matters of taxation or law.
1. A Loan Modification is often a homeowner's best option, especially if the reason for the distressed financial situation was due to a temporary income loss or if the loan payments have reset due to expiration of a trial interest rate period. Homeowners should explore options directly with their lender - many are much more willing to help than they were in the past. Be prepared to provide a significant amount of paperwork including paycheck stubs, bank statements and a hardship letter. Loan modification companies are available to help but be aware that there are many scams out there. If you need assistance in getting things done, often a non-profit organization such as NACA may be a good alternative.
2. A Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure is basically an agreement to hand-over the property to the bank without the bank needing to go through the entire foreclosure process. In our current mortgage crisis, this option has not been pursued often as it does not protect the mortgage holder from any other liens that may be on the property. It may be a practical option if the home value and the amount owed are almost the same or if the value of the home is slightly greater than the amount owed.
3. A Bankruptcy will almost certainly result in a homeowner being able to stay in the home for an additional period of time and may be the best option if there are other significant debts. However unless there are fundamental changes to the mortgage brought about in the bankruptcy such as a stripping away of a junior lien, the homeowner may find the bankruptcy to only be of temporary relief.
4. A Short-Sale is a sale process where the homeowner will attempt to sell their home and negotiate a 'short-payment' of the existing mortgage on the property. Often a homeowner's best option, after exploring a loan modification, is to pursue a short-sale.
5. A Foreclosure may in some situations be the homeowner's best option, especially if there are protections against a deficiency judgement. Sometimes homeowners don't seriously consider this option until after working on a short-sale and then finding out that the mortgage holder or a mortgage insurance company wants a promissory note or cash-payment as part of the short-sale process. A foreclosure will generally hurt a homeowner's credit score harder and for a longer period of time than other options.
As a real estate professional, I can help homeowners who are in financial difficulty and want to pursue a short-sale option. As a Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE), I am in touch with other professionals throughout the country to stay on top of the most current practices and policies of the major banks.
If you own a home in Riverside County or nearby areas of southern California and are in a financially distressed situation, please contact me at 951-898-8912 to discuss your situation. No obligation, no cost, just an honest assessment of how I might be able to help!
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.