In an effort to build your real estate brokerage network, hiring key people is important. Licensed agents have plenty of options when it comes to hanging their license, so how do you differentiate your firm from the pack?
- Pay better than your competition?
- Is your firm "unique"?
- Do you offer your prospects something "different" than your competitors.
In all likelyhood the answer is "NO"
All agents, real estate, mortgage brokers, insurance agents alike want benefits that make them "feel good" about their company they represent and the way you treat them.
Successful agents work for recognition over money. They need to feel loved, so what can you do to attract more licensed professionals than your competition?
Consider "FEEL GOOD" benefits. These benefits cost very little in comparison to competing over commissions with your competitors.
To begin, make your agents feel good about where they work. Ask yourself....
- Is the office professional, a place you feel good about inviting clients and guests. As a side note - when I was recruiting insurance and financial advisers I worked for both grand offices and dumps. The dump site had the best compensation package, but I was always apologizing for the aging, grumpy staff and 20 year old furniture. We promised some day....
- I know it's California, but do you require a certain dress code? People feel better when they look good and they are always prepared to go on a sales call. Dressing too casual will have your agents working as hard as they would (or not) off hours when the office is closed. Be ready for someone else's guest to come in. Look sharp.
- Is your compensation package the best? If it's not the best you must do more for the agent in other area's.
I can't pay you as much as Mr. Smith's firm but I can offer you ...
- A great support staff and office environment
- A very good compensation package that will reward you for top performance
- BENEFITS !!!!
Yes, you can provide insurance benefits for your 1099 employees/agents. This costs you nothing, however you can make them available at more affordable prices than your association or street prices.
Both QuoteBroker.com and Association Benefit Marketing offer specialty programs for independent contractors on a voluntary basis. Through a collective marketing agreement, QuoteBroker is able to offer affinity products to both Associations and Individual offices. You can offer Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness, Disability Income Protection, Life Insurance, Long Term care, Medicare Supplements and true group Health Insurance (guaranteed issue). As for retirement solutions, QuoteBroker offers Individual K's (401K's for one or two), Indexed, Fixed and Variable Annuities.
Your agents can receive "large company" discounts averaging 20-60%, depending on the products selected. Providers include AARP, AFLAC, American General, Delta Dental, Met-Life, Mutual of Omaha, Trans America and several other fine companies. Travel Insurance and Consult A Doctor tele-medicine plans are also available. For more information call (800) 783-0802 8:30am to 5:00pm PDT.