This morning when reading cnn.com I noticed a headline article about Rocklin, CA voted as CNN's top 100 places to live. Rocklin is a beautiful town, my office has been located here for the past couple years, so it was nice to see that article. If you didn't see it and would like to see if your town made the top 100, you can see it here
Rocklin which is located in Placer County, about a 25 minute drive north of Sacramento, boasts great Schools, Parks and is centrally located between South Lake Tahoe and San Fransisco, best of both worlds for snow activities and winter activities in the winter in Tahoe and great shopping and nightlife in San Fransicso.
Rocklin and nearby Attractions
- Blue Oaks Town Center is a prominent shopping location and includes entertainment and a variety of restaurants.
- Rocklin Historical Society Museum.
- Maidu Interpretive Center.
- Aerospace Museum of California.
- Joss House Museum.
- Scandia Family Fun Center.
Rocklin is top notch when it comes to education
- Sierra College - Jr College
- William Jessup University
- Rocklin Unified School District
- Rocklin High School & Whitney Ranch High School
- Granite Oaks Middle School
- Maria Montessori Charter Academy
If you or someone you know is looking for homes for rent in or around Rocklin, CA please feel free to contact me, I have lived in this general area for the past 20 years and know the Rocklin community and surrounding areas very well!
Per CNN.com's article, here are more stats on Rocklin:
|Median family income
|Job growth %
|See rental homes near Rocklin|
|Median home price||$252,250||$239,391|
|See Rocklin homes for sale|
|Test scores reading
(% above/below state average)
|Test scores math
(% above/below average)
|Personal crime incidents (per 1,000)||1||2|
|Property crime incidents (per 1,000)||23||24|
(within 15 miles)
|High temp in July ° F||87.2°||86.2°|
|Low temp in Jan ° F||31.8°||21.3°|