My Angel Marianne has left this earth.
Marianne passed away today quietly, with family members, and friends crying by her side. But I can't say that about her life. She lived her life as an ordinary person, but she made a huge impact on so many lives and touched so many people deeply. God has taken her and her golden heart to make an angel to watch over us. No more pain, no more struggle, just peace.
She was a friend to all that knew her. Words such as sincerity, kindness, special, happy, best person I know were the words people used to describe her. Her smile, caring attitude, and listening skills made her more than an acquaintance. When she touched your life you were better for it. I know I'm a better man because of her. Without her I would have been half the man I am today. And that's how we need to remember her.
Sure cancer took her physical body, but her spirit, her smile, her caring, lives on in all of us. She would feel bad as we shed our tears over her, she would want us to smile and laugh with her. She would tear up with us right now.
So as she passes on to a better place, a place without pain think on how she impacted your life. Take those qualities and share them.
- Marianne was a listener. A friend that took the time to hear what you had to say no matter how many times you told her the same problem or situation over and over.
- Marianne was an excellent cook and baker. A person that delighted in making and serving others the excellent things she made. Whether it was Thanksgiving dinner, or a simple party she made sure you left full of food, drink, and good times.
- Marianne was a giver. She gave more than she every received. She gave love and material things. She would rather give a present than get one. I can't say that there was one gift I gave her that she had to have. She would buy Ryan and I stuff just to give stuff. That was her way.
- Marianne was a crafty person. She could take ordinary some ordinary items and make something beautiful and extraordinary out of it. Marianne was in the craft business for only 8 years but people have her crafts 19 years later. Her unique touches still make people remember her.
- Marianne was a supporter. She was there when you needed her. When you reached out to her she was there for you.
- Marianne is a mom. A lady full of unconditional love that spoiled Ryan, but made him a fine young man.
So if you take her traits and share them with others, if you have become a little better person........ then Marianne hasn't just passed through this earth quietly. Marianne will live on through us. In the little things we do in life for others. She will be touching us, touching your friends and family, and even the people we meet on the street by being each of us being a better person. She would want that.
Cancer would not be the winner. Marianne would be the winner if we take her characteristics and share them. If we share her love with others then we have helped her overcome the destruction cancer did to her.
So hug and spoil your kids today for Marianne,
Love and treat your spouse as if it was your anniversary or their birthday,
And pick up the phone and call a friend just to talk
That will Make Marianne smile from above.
So with a kiss I give my earthly angel, my wife, my love to God to watch over all her friends and family. She was always an angel, now she is God's angel.
Goodbye my friend,
Love you always