Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Are Short Sales REALLY the BEST deal??? I deal with a lot of Short Sales. I represent Sellers and have done so for many years. I also represent Buyers. My Buyers are not always intending to look at a Short Sale, but just about every one of them becomes mesmerized with the price/sf. Let's face it. Short Sales are almost always priced below the rest of the neighborhood comps..based on price/sf.
It's probably pretty easy to see where I'm going here. Don't Buyers care about ANYTHING except price/sf??? It depends. If I am working with investors, they ONLY look at the price/sf for that location in that development. If I am working with someone who is hoping to capitalize on the low prices here in the Palm Springs and La Quinta areas, perhaps to buy that vacation home they've been dreaming about, a few more demands may be made. This Buyer may be drawn to the Short Sale initially because it is priced so aggressively, but more often than not, they end up paying a bit more for a similar home, once they have lost one or simply grew tired of the Short Sale battle.
Short Sales really ARE the best deal if:
1. You are an investor and you don't give a hoot about ANYTHING except stealing a property that you can flip and make some money on. (Problems arise here because the time involved in closing a Short Sale can eat into your profit margin..)
2. You are a very patient person that REALLY, REALLY wants that house. Even then, remember that there is absolutely NO guarantee you will get it. I have had banks slam their Short Sale files shut after months and months of negotiating..so don't arrange your furniture until AFTER that Escrow closes..
3. You are not in a hurry, are not attached to the home, really don't mind if you don't get it, and can just go on about your life while your Agent works to get the Short Sale done for you. This is probably the best bet for a great Short Sale buyer.
Short Sales are NOT the best deal if:
1. You HAVE to close by a certain date. Forget it.
2. You have contingencies. There is already a huge contingency on this deal..that of Lender approval. Clean offers only!
3. You have to get a loan. Not because the Seller won't appreciate your pre-approved loan, but the reality is that Short Sales take so long, your Lender is going to have to re-approve you in 30 days anyway..so again, look elsewhere.
Think about your own circumstance. weigh your options, listen to your Realtor, and educate yourself!
Kimberley Kelly, Luxury Properties and Short Sales in the Palm Springs Valley of California
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.