The Changing Orange County Real Estate Market
Ladies and gentleman, as I am sure everyone is aware by now, the real estate market all around the nation and especially in Orange County, CA is not the same as it was just a short time ago. No longer are the days when you (yes, pretty much anyone) could go out buy a home, wait a short amount of time, and turn around to sell it for a substantial profit and then go do it all over again. Real estate investing made many people a fortune especially in Orange County, CA.
Today, as we all know, this is not so easy. With the market changing, unpredictability, fluctuating interest rates, and uneasy homeowners, today it is more critical than ever to be aware of the market you live in and stay on top of local real estate news and trends. As a home seller you must be aware of the "7 common home seller mistakes"
- Failing to analyze why you are choosing to sell
- Not preparing home for the buyer's eye
- Pricing their home too high
- Selling your house too hard during showings
- Signing a long term listing agreement without a performance guarantee
- Too difficult for buyers to find information on the home
- Failing to obtain a pre-approval letter for the new home
- Clearly understand why you are selling; and keep that to yourself
- Study the market before setting a price
- Research previous sales in the neighborhood
- Decorate your home from a buyer's perspective