- To Qualify:
- You must own and live in your home
- Your family income must not be more than the maximum allowed.
- Your mortgage can be not more than 80% of their fair market value of the home.
- Your home must need repairs which would correct HUD code deficiencies. HOME funds can fix housing code problems like leaky roofs, plumbing, heating, or electrical problems.
- General property improvements are not allowed, such as remodeling, additions or upgrades.
THE 5 YEAR FORGIVEABLE GRANT:
- For low and moderate income homeowners
- 5-year forgivable grant up to $25,000
- No monthly payments – you pay back loan only if you sell your property or if you no longer live in the home.
- Homes built prior to 1978 will be inspected for Lead Based paint hazards.
Please pick up and return completed package to the following:
Dr. Jackie McMorris, Community Services
Cherokee County Board of Commissioners
90 North Street, Suite 310
Canton GA 30114
678.493.6015 or 6011