Since when did Active Rain become the new matchmaking website?See, this girl's in love with me.She wants to have a relationship with me, either she likes older women or likes older men since both Nestor and I are in the profile photo.This hacker is pretty good because the email posted above went right into my gmail account and not the one that I have tied to my Active Rain account. That means that somehow they are able to phish the contact boxes for emails or even physically find one of our posts that give partial email addresses with the at sign removed. So even that is not safe anymore.There is a constant fight against spam. The more Active Rain plugs the holes they get through, the more the spammers seem to find. It is a big undertaking to keep a site spam free- virtually impossible today.The first thing that comes to my mind is:
- Who is so stupid to fall for this crap?
- Or is the person who falls for this just gullible?
- Or is the person who falls for this just so lonely that they are hoping this fake 24 year old girl is really in love with them?Internet rules:1. Don't believe everything you read.2. Don't put your real email addresses in your posts or on your sites.3. There are rules against spamming; hit your spam button.4. Educate your friends, kids, family, clients- don't fall for scammers.Sometimes the truth hurts:
- No, these girls are NOT in love with you!
- No, your best friend is not lost in Africa without her passport.
- No, you did NOT win the LOTTO
- No, you do not have a long lost aunt in Nigeria.
This entry hasn't been re-blogged: